Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires

Puerto Madero (photos) began operating as the main commercial port for Buenos Aires in 1897.  It is located very near to Plaza de Mayo and the Pink House.  It gets its name from its designer, Eduardo Madero.  Only 30 years later it was replaced by Puerto Nuevo.  For the next 50 years Puerto Madero was left to deteriorate.

Puerto Madero

Continue reading