During May we went to see Tad play football and then a couple of weeks later, we watched him ride his dirt bike in a race.
The month began with completing our move into the house in San Diego. Once settled, we went for a local hike around the nearby Lake Miramar reservoir and then up to Murrieta to watch Mia play T-ball and have lunch with the family.
On the 10th, Valerie and I had an anniversary brunch on Shelter Island near downtown San Diego. While dining, we noticed the cruise ships docked in San Diego and were inspired to check out upcoming cruises. When we saw that there was a 5 night cruise departing on the 17th, we decided to take advantage of it.
Once we learned that Chrissy and Johnny were expecting a baby in early May, Valerie very much wanted to be on-hand for the birth and to help out with the newborn. Therefore, we decided to end our time in Maryland and return to California. In addition, since Chrissy and Johnny were planning to look for a larger place to live and wanted to relocated to San Diego, we collectively decided to look for a house that would accommodate everybody.
We found a place that suited our requirements and Chrissy and Johnny moved into it at the end of February. So, in early March, we packed up our apartment and had everything stuffed into two U-Haul moving containers that would be shipped for us to San Diego. We celebrated Valerie’s birthday on the 11th and stayed with Cyndie and Ming for a few days before starting our car trip across country on March 17th.
Along the way, we stopped off to visit my sister Sheila and her family in Tennessee, then on to San Antonio where we spent a few days with Ralph and Carlie.
On March 30th we completed the drive to our new home and began unloading the containers.
What do you do when winter tightens its icy grip? Time to visit California.
On Feb 8, we flew to LA to enjoy a few days with Steve and Wende as well as Valerie’s family. Up first on the 12th was a baby shower for Chrissy. Valerie’s sisters also made the trip from Maryland for the shower. Continue reading
In late September/early October, we flew to Los Angeles to visit friends and family. In no particular order, we did the following:
- With Steve and Wende, we went to downtown LA and toured the Grammy Museum, took a ride on Angels Flight and stopped into Grand Central Market.
- On another day, we went to the “Old World Village” in Huntington Beach to sample their Octoberfest celebration.
- Over the weekend, Steve and Kevin went to San Francisco and attended the San Francisco 49ers game, playing against the Seattle Seahawks. Unfortunately, SF lost but we enjoyed the trip.
- While we were in SF, Valerie visited with Jason, Ashley, Tad and Mia. She also had lunch with her long-time friend, Delcy.
- We took a trip out to Prescott, Arizona, to visit Tim and Dinah. We enjoyed some nice hiking, and I had a thrilling ride with Tim in their Porsche 911.
- The timing of our visit coincided with birthdays for Steve as well as for Valerie’s son, Tim. Steve and Wende hosted a nice birthday cookout for the family.
- Valerie and I visited with her Aunt Amy (her Mom’s sister).