In late September/early October, we flew to Los Angeles to visit friends and family. In no particular order, we did the following:
- With Steve and Wende, we went to downtown LA and toured the Grammy Museum, took a ride on Angels Flight and stopped into Grand Central Market.
- On another day, we went to the “Old World Village” in Huntington Beach to sample their Octoberfest celebration.
- Over the weekend, Steve and Kevin went to San Francisco and attended the San Francisco 49ers game, playing against the Seattle Seahawks. Unfortunately, SF lost but we enjoyed the trip.
- While we were in SF, Valerie visited with Jason, Ashley, Tad and Mia. She also had lunch with her long-time friend, Delcy.
- We took a trip out to Prescott, Arizona, to visit Tim and Dinah. We enjoyed some nice hiking, and I had a thrilling ride with Tim in their Porsche 911.
- The timing of our visit coincided with birthdays for Steve as well as for Valerie’s son, Tim. Steve and Wende hosted a nice birthday cookout for the family.
- Valerie and I visited with her Aunt Amy (her Mom’s sister).
We had a really nice trip and enjoyed the opportunity to spend some time with family and good friends.